Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Vintage Lace Pin Cushion and Stick Pins

My newest addiction is making stick pins...like I needed another addiction...as if lace, ribbon, buttons, and paper crafting weren't enough  ;-)

Anyway, I needed a place to keep my stick pins until I need them on a project...I came up with this little pin cushion...it's a block of wood (don't you love using power tools when crafting!) with a foam top totally enrobed in layers of vintage lace trims...yummy. This one is mostly for my pearl stick pins and purple stick pins. I plan to make a second pin cushion to house the many other pins I recently made...I told you I was addicted.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, ran across your blog addy so had to come by and see what's up. Love your stick pins. I've been doing some of these myself. They're so easy and yet such a lovely touch on a tag, card or anything really.
    Blessings to you friend. Hope all is well in your world.
    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to quit because I didn't know what I would do with them all, but I know what you mean about addicted. I made small ones too, as they are a good size for smaller projects like cards and atcs. Now I just have to use them up so I can make some more. Try putting feathers on the end of one. That's my next venture.
    Hugs, Coleen

    ReplyDelete