Saturday, February 18, 2012

Velvet Ribbon Bookmark

Several months ago I came across an article in Somerset Life magazine showing how to create velvet ribbon bookmarks. There were several photos of gorgeous bookmarks. My mom is an avid reader, so I thought I'd try my hand at making one for her birthday. I decided on a black and white theme using black velvet ribbon from my own stash as well as some beads and baubles, and I used ribbon clamps found at a local craft store. It was actually very easy to make and only took about an hour. Since my mom loves to sew, I presented her bookmark to her in a box lined with an old vintage sewing pattern rather than traditional tissue paper. My mom loved her gift, and my sister put in an order for a few summer themed velvet bookmarks for some coworkers. Gives me an excuse to go on etsy.com to look for summer charms and baubles...I already have a stash of perfect aqua velvet ribbon...  ;-)  

1 comment: