Sunday, March 25, 2012

Altered Cricut Cartridge Box




I created this altered Cricut Cartridge Box using a few Tim Holtz techniques. (Click on the photos to enlarge them to really see the detail such as the bird image in the stamped image). The flower is a distressed flower using the Tattered Florals Die...these are labor intensive but really beautiful when finished. The tag showcases the Distress Resist Technique...simple to do and doesn't take too long...I like using the paint dabbers for this. I added a little vintage lace and some tulle. The box has a magnetic closure so I didn't add my usual doorknob or lock and key closure. I adhered a vintage shabby chic white button on the side where an actual closure most likely would be found. I covered the magnets with paper but they still work...yes, I tested first before creating the entire box...I've learned from past mishaps.  ;-)  This was created for a person on Swap-bot...the swap consisted of creating an altered box in the Tim Holtz Style. I hope my swap partner likes it! I plan to put some altered art supplies in the box for my partner to enjoy creating with. I converted all my cricut cartridges into a plastic organizer so I have a lot of these empty boxes...I kept them because I figured I could create something with them. I think I'll go create one now for myself to use for bits of vintage lace and trinkets.

No comments:

Post a Comment