Friday, March 2, 2012

Coloring Seam Binding



Well, I needed some seam binding in a particular color for a card I am teaching at a rubber stamping/card making class in two weeks...of course I didn't have the needed color...I know, hard to believe considering my craft room looks like a craft store...so, I decided to dye my own. I had seen several crafting blogs and YouTube videos showing how to do this so the other month I bought myself some HugSnug white seambinding with the intention of coloring it as needed. It was so easy! Just be sure to use your plastic craft mat and rubber gloves! Just mix a few drops of ink reinker and quite a few spritzes of water on your mat and then just smush your seambinding around in it...adjust the ink and water ratio to suite your desired color...that simple! I dried mine a minute or two with the heat gun and then let it set out overnight to dry. I had so much fun, I made more in three other colors...I must have spring on my mind!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I bet this would work for a cotton drawstring, too. I've look everywhere and can't find one in purple!

    ReplyDelete