Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shabby Chic Toile and Lace Canvas Display




My mom and I spent two lovely hours together the other weekend exploring a craft store. As I was waiting in line to have several laces cut, I spotted a bolt of beautiful blue/cream/white toile on the counter. I noticed some of the laces would look fabulous with the toile and I imaged several layers of lace with the toile background as a spring canvas art home decor piece. I had envisioned using a vintage spring bunny graphic as the focal point until I was inspired this morning by a lovely stamp that reads "rest a minute" that I received the other month from a Swap-bot swap partner. I found a beautiful blue corner flower bouquet swag from my stash (found at an etsy store called KatiesKreations4U). I truly believe that the "key" to life is to frequently "rest a minute" with a good book...my mom would totally agree.  

No comments:

Post a Comment